How to get into a British University
The number of Spanish peope that studied in British Universities last year is estimated to be around 15.000. It’s an excellent way to open new personal and professional paths. Also, improving the language and getting to know a new culture. Maybe you have thought about starting this adventure, but you don’t really know how.
Would you like to go to University in the UK but you find yourself a bit lost? You don’t know what level of English you need? We are going to explain to you how to access a British University and how we can help you achieve it.
You need to have in mind that, in the UK, most of the degrees are BA (Bachelor of Arts) or BSc (Bachelor of Science), but different Universities offer BA and BSc for the same field with different perspectives.
Overall, to be able to access the first year of any British University you need:
- Hold an official certificate of English Skills, like the ones you can get through Cambridge University’s exams.
- Submit your request through a centralized system, named UCAS, where you can go through more than 50.000 University Degrees, subject-based filtering, location and types of studies. It also includes numerous helpful videos with guidelines and advice. Through UCAS you can request a maximum of 5 option. Same degree in different universities or different programs in the same university.
However, through ECC you can ease your way into the process, thanks to our agreements with two of the best British Universities: Swansea University and University of Derby. Thanks to the Furthering Studies‘ agreements between ECC and these two universities, you will be able to access, directly and without an admission process, to the third year of the career related to your HNDand with the agreed terms of the University.
Regarding the English Skills certificate that you need to study in the UK, you can also get them through your training in ECC. Easy! Isn’t it?
This would be the process: firstly, you get into one of our two international double degrees:
- Técnico Superior en Marketing y Publicidad y Higher National Diploma in Business Studies (Marketing).
- Técnico Superior en Agencias de Viajes y Gestión de Eventos y Higher National Diploma in Travel and Tourism Management.
Both cases are trainings with an official Spanish and British Degree, and they cover two complete years from September to June and include a final project. Once you complete them, if you want to keep studying in the UK you’d have access to those superior studies at Swansea University or the University of Derby, and these would be your options:
- Studying one more year at one of those universities, you will get the University Degree in the chosen modality. (Bachelor Degree)
- Studying two more years in one of those universities, you will obtain the University Master in the chosen modality.
Easy! Isn’t it? Take this opportunity that will open a new world of opportunities to live new personal and professional experiences.